Friday, January 16, 2009

Random Facts..

We all have quirks, pet peeves, idiosyncrasies...  Things that make us unique and special (not always the good kind of special either).  I have lots of habits...  not any of them good either.  But there are a couple of things about myself that even make me wonder if I'm playing with a full deck..  I'm noting these things because my friends deserve a pat on the back for putting up with me sometimes.  If you seen any of them on the street, give them that hand shake or hug that says..  "good for you, you angel of mercy"... 

I know where every single bathroom is in any building I have ever been to.  It's the first thing I start scoping out when I enter any structure..  A restaurant, mall, bank, grocery store or even the Wal-Mart...  I won't consider enjoying any outdoor activity until I've spotted the Port-A-Potty..  Yes ladies and gentlemen, I've peed in some pretty questionable places, I'm not proud of it, but unfortunately I'm not the person who can hold it until I get home.. My point is however, that once I have used any particular stall of my choosing... I must use that stall every time.  Oh, it's not that I fear change, I worked at Western Millwork for 15 years...  the company who's motto should be "if you don't like it, stick around, it will be different tomorrow"...  I can't really put my finger on what the problem is...  It's not just bathroom stalls either..  I get a little snippy if someone takes my parking place... or even if my kid takes my seat at the dinner table..  It's so bad that I even get irritated if someone else doesn't park in their parking space.. (appointed 'theirs' by me in my head, sometimes unbeknownst to them...)  It's a problem that seems to be getting worse with age, (yes, I'm getting to an age where it's okay to say that).  I recently worked with a group of guys who, I believe, parked in a different spot on a regular basis to upset me and knock me off kilter...  It worked every time.  I take the same route to work or school or the grocery store every time and am visibly irritated when my husband varies from the course, and when I arrive, I park as close to the same spot as possible.  When we go to the hospital I will actually circle around until I get a spot on parking level 4 and if the nurse puts us into an examination room other than #4, I ask if we can switch. I sit in the same seat in waiting rooms and use same checkout line at the grocery store if possible...  Please don't think I'm Adrian Monk or anything...  I WILL vary if necessary... but I don't like it!!  What is the name of my problem and is there a medication?  Can the obsessions be transfered to.... oh... say my house work???  or the laundry, were I seem to find it difficult to remember how I accomplished the task last time??   It's something to think about...  Suggestions please.

The other disorder I seem to be suffering from is the fear of mouth noises...  I'm sure there is a name for this, something unpronounceable that makes it sound incurable and fatal.   I can't listen to chewing, or swallowing, or biting or crunching... or swishing!!  that's the worst..  I would rather hear the crushing of my own toes under the wheels of my husbands truck than hear someone swallow a hot sip of coffee..  I even have to move away from my own sweet child when he's at the table making all sorts of sucking  and chomping noises with his mouth, that turns my skin inside out...  I can't comfortably eat chips with other people, or heaven forbid, talk with a friend while they are crunching on the ice left over from a large fountain drink.  It's bad.. Biting nails, picking teeth, slurping soup...  nope, not near me..  I'm even grossed out by my own mouth noises if I'm not careful.. eating or drinking alone needs to be done with the radio or TV on...  Help!!!   I'm sure these things are not normal...  But on the flip side... I find men who chew gum sexy...  hmmmm... bizarre.

Well...  this I guess did not really needs to be discussed..  but I'm sure you now see why my friends are saints and need to be acknowledged...  Snaps for Allie's friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment