Friday, January 30, 2009

I love Nancy Grace!

The truth is, since I no longer work or get out of the house for any other reason than to go to the grocery store, the hospital or to church....  I have been feeling a bit sheltered.  To help me feel a little more in touch with the world that exists off Knoll Dr.  I have been watching (and surfing) a lot of news so that I can stimulate my brain once in a while.  I figure if I ever do apply for another job I should at least be able to carry on a conversation about who the new president is.... Or to be able to offer my stand on Sam Adams...  (Portland's new gay mayor, not the new winter lager..)  but my favorite news program is what some call trashy, but I like to refer to as, my all time favorite hag...  Nancy Grace..

When she was in college, studying english lit.. her fiance was randomly murdered...  This prompted her to change her major. She went into law, eventually becoming a special prosecutor covering felony cases with ABSOLUTELY no sympathy for the accused.  She has made it big by becoming a legal analyst and appearing all over the place on CNN and shows like Larry King...  Now, among other things, she hosts her own show each nigh on the HLN network covering large cases primarily where children are involved.  She is hard and bossy and at first, a bit annoying.  She yells at people on her show who try to see it from the "accused" point of view or who don't answer her questions the way she would like..  She will throw people off, cut them off mid sentence and frequently say "Woah woah woah! Back the truck up a moment!"  to call someone on a statement they made that does not agree with her point of view...  She is, in the same breath, so very sweet and nice to people who call her show with questions and nasty and bitter to the defense attorney on her show trying to answer.  I don't think she's always right, but she makes me cringe under my covers at 10 pm every night and laugh hysterically at the way she acts...   she is currently covering the Calylee Anthony case. Which is not funny...  I'm totally obsessed with this case and feel soooo sorry for this baby.  I can hardly wait each day to see the newest development on the Nancy Grace Show.  As a matter of fact, If I see something on the internet or in the news...  I am always hesitant to check it because I sort of want to stay loyal to Nancy... (weird I know..)  I believe this case will be blown wide open any day now and I'll be tuned in to see all the gory details... 

Some people really HATE Nancy... If you google her you will find websites like ~nancygracemustdie~ and  all sorts of bogs protesting her harsh nature...  she was even accused of causing one person to commit suicide after being interrogated on her show...  Probably that was already in the works... just bad timing for Nancy... but who knows.. she is harsh, no doubt about it!!  

Of course I believe her to be somewhat trashy and similar to those magazines I've become obsessed with in the checkout at the grocery store...  but she gets the facts.. and she states the case...  My husband, although sweet and patient, doesn't really like her at all... I'm sure most men don't.  She's scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment