Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's the deal with the Bachelor?


Okay... I am definately not into reality TV.. To be honest I have never watched the stuff before.  Oh sure, I have seen an episode every now and again...  I watched the last two episodes of American Idol last season to see which of those two cute David's would be the next American Sweetheart...  Once I even watched an entire season of Nashville Star in one day.  It was a marathon on one of the cable channels during the off season I guess...  Even then I couldn't stop the nagging feeling that I was wasting my entire day and probably a few brain cells too...

So tell me this.. How did I get hooked on The Bachelor this season...?  I'm totally in love with Jason and I can't wait to see what will happen each Monday night.  I realize that even though they call it "reality TV" it's still just TV and made up, and creatively edited to keep us involved and coming back each week... BUT I can't stand how much I need to know which girl he will choose!!  I don't even really care....  I just want to know...  Is it just me?

As if tuning in every Monday night is not a big enough waste of my time I just spent and hour on the internet searching for a spoiler..  I mean the season finished taping last November for crying out loud!!  Isn't there a girl missing somewhere??  Hiding in seclusion for months until she can come out and call herself the girlfriend?  Aren't people in her home town talking?  I've searched all the spoiler sights I can find... but to no avail...  This is the age of information -  NOW!  Should I not be able to find the answers I'm looking for? Isn't that the purpose of the internet? Admittedly, this is my first stalker-type situation, so maybe I'm just not good at it.  I even found myself staying up an hour later than usual last night because the local news channel was going to have a 30 second blip about the series and I was hoping I could find a little clue... again I was shut down...

This is my fist love affair with reality TV so I don't know if my feelings are a bit overly obsessive... or if this is the response that producers are looking for when making such emotionally uncomfortable, made for TV reality shows... If anyone has any information, please...  help me out here..  

I know this for sure...  I'm going to put my foot down and never get sucked into this sort of thing again... maybe...  I think anyway... 


1 comment:

  1. Mine addiction is The Office. I was late getting into it, but Mike and Heidi let me borrow their DVD's and that was the end of it. I now have all the shows basically memorized, along with deleted scenes, bloopers, and commentaries! How totally sad is that? I literally watch it every day. This whole not having cable deal is killing me because I have to wait an extra day after the new episodes so I can watch it!

    ReplyDelete