Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you thankful for?

The holidays are upon us again and as usual, I begin to get all sappy and emotional about all the things in my life that I have to be thankful for. I've decided to make a list.. not that it covers everything... but just highlights a few..

I'm Thankful For...

1. Steve ~ who even after 13 years of marriage, still loves me as much as when we started dating, and for whatever reason seems to "get" me no matter what crazy idea I'm focused on.

2. 3 beautiful, healthy, smart, amazing children and one perfect granddaughter ~ These people fill my heart with so much joy and pride I'm sometimes afraid it might explode.

3. Jamie, Amy, Heidi and Mikalie ~ for being my people, my role models, my hero's. For teaching me about friendship and commitment, and for making me laugh.

4. My parents ~ for loving me so much and wanting to be with me. For offering every day in every way to make my life easier.

5. Carole ~ for showing me what real acceptance looks like and for her part in making Jamie and Aaron who they are today. And for loving my Jesse so much... :0)

6. My family and Steve's family ~ who have shown me that no matter how far away we move they are always around to support me.

7. My far away friends ~ who prove all the time that family is of the heart and standing by me as if I was one of their own.

8. My sweet niece Sarah ~ who puts a smile on my face and reminds me daily that life is really about family, friends, having fun, doing good things for others and holding firm to your beliefs. Nothing else really matters.

9. Matthew Dodd ~ for filling some huge holes in the hearts of people I love.

10. Charitable giving and the ability to do it.

11. Lumber Products ~ for choosing Steve when I'm sure the decisions were tough ones this year.

12. Whole foods, my new hip, exercise and time to sleep. These things keep me happy and healthy.

13. My Church

14. Meds, doctors, nurses, and great facilities to keep people healthy and to offer lasting support when things don't work out like we'd hope.

15. Markelle, her donor, Jesse's donor, Darian and God ~ for teaching me that no matter how big or how small we are, we have the ability to change lives and leave a lasting imprint in the hearts of strangers.

What are you thankful for... I'd love to hear your list..

No comments:

Post a Comment