Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Bye Sweet Summer...

This has been a great summer... I guess you've noticed I've been a bit busy since I haven't made time to blog since June... But my heart was crying for some time with my family and that is pretty much what I got. So I just soaked up as much time as the summer would offer.

We started the summer with some nice visits from our good friends Jamie, CJ and Ellie, then Amy, and Alex.. Alex was able to stay with us for a few weeks and along with Gage, the 3 Musketeers made all sorts of trouble and mischief. It was wonderful for the boys to reconnect, especially on their new more mature levels.. Then as soon as Alex went home, Adrienne came for a few weeks. I know it goes without saying, but grand kids are just special. She makes our house a bit brighter just by being in it. Since we don't get enough time with her, 3 wonderful weeks was exactly what our hearts were longing for.

We spent a weekend on the coast, I wish I could say "soaking up the sun" but the truth is, it was sort of rough weather, cold and foggy... but no mind.. All my favorite people were there and I couldn't have been happier. We ate yummy food and just enjoyed being together. Steve and I even stole a long walk on the beach.. It was simply perfect.

Steve and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary... I'm so lucky to be married to the greatest guy around!!

Jesse celebrated his 9th birthday... Jesse only get's big parties on the even years, on the odd, he has to suffer just spending time with his family.. Which wasn't hard for him this year.. He was able to get lots and lots of that in, and he was totally content.

But now everyone one has returned home, life is going to resume as normal. School will be starting and our schedules will be busy with our regular routine. I have learned this summer that you can put hundreds of miles between good friends and the ties will only grow stronger. I know this is true for me, Steve and Jesse too.

But the coming months are not really without activity..

Jesse will have another PET scan to check once again for any remaining signs of that nasty tumor, Horrible Harvey. I know he is totally healthy, I feel it in my heart.. but still, there is a fair amount of worry and stress related to these check-up's. On the 28th of this month it will be 2 years since his diagnosis. Time goes by so quickly, but doesn't dull my appreciation for Jesse's life and his time with us. I am all too aware that things could be very different today.

Jesse will start the 3rd grade!! He is getting so big, it's simply hard to get my head around what has happened in my life in the last 7 years!! His new teacher is Mrs. Buck and I believe she has some classroom pets lined up for this school year. Jesse is VERY excited about that.. but you know what you get when you mix Jesse with excitement? TROUBLE!! ;-) Stay tuned!!

Our new grand baby will be making his grand appearance in mid September. His name will be Killian (middle name to be announced later) Fontenot... I'm very excited to meet him. As soon as he arrives, we'll be making a quick trip to Salt Lake to introduce ourselves and love on him as much as possible. I'm so happy that our family is growing, but sad that it's happening in Salt Lake!! ;-) Another person I will miss like crazy!

Thanksgiving will be another Fontenot Full House.. All my Salt Lake people are planning to be here.. I'm so excited and already planning the menu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment